Hotel Pulitzer (Lodging)
- Personal Rating:
- Explanation: The point off is for the long distance we had to walk through the hotel to get to our room (and all of the up and down stairs), the room’s size, and the staff’s helpfulness level was more of a 4 than a 5.
- Would I Stay Again: Yes
- Problems Encountered: None
- Address & Website: Prinsengracht 315-331, 1016 GZ, Amsterdam; www.pulitzeramsterdam.com or you can go to the Starwood link here.
- Location: Near the Anne Frank House on a quiet side canal. The hotel has a very interesting setup; it is built out of a block of 25 restored 17th and 18th century canal houses that have been converted into a connected hotel.
- Overall: Overall, we were very happy with the hotel. We were staying here on cash and points with the Starwood Preferred Guest program (this is Luxury Collection Hotel), so the value was definitely great. There was a small business center in the hotel which was very helpful with checking into our flight out. The hotel was very close by to the Anne Frank house and within walking distance to everywhere else we were interested in visiting in Amsterdam.
- Hotel Staff: I found the staff to be average (nothing negative to say about them). The receptions weren’t overly friendly, but they weren’t rude, either. The bellhops that took our bags to and from our room were friendly, and the person at the door was helpful in getting us a taxi to the airport.
- Room: From the check-in desk you walk through a series of connecting passageway to the different areas of the hotel. This was one of the few times I have ever given my bag to a bell-hop and it was SO worth it. The hotel has a lot of different passages, stairways, etc. It was a bit of a hike to our room and up some stairs. Our room had a beautiful timbered ceiling (I wish I had taken pictures), and the bed was very comfortable. It wasn’t a very big room, but I still thought it was nice (and clean).