Hilton Vienna (Lodging)
- Personal Rating:
- Explanation: Great stay, no complaints. As a disclaimer though, we were a little bit spoiled because we were there in the off-season and were Hilton Honors Gold, so we were upgraded to a nicer room with a view over the city and given access to the executive lounge which was one of the nicest we have ever encountered.
- Would I Stay Again: Definitely
- Problems Encountered: None
- Address and Website: Am Stadtpark 1, Vienna 1030; www.placeshilton.com/vienna or you can access the Hilton Hotels link to this hotel directly here.
- Location: The hotel’s location was great, as well. We could walk to St. Stephen’s and most of the city sights, and when we got tired, we took the trolly back along the ring road to very close to the hotel (about 2 blocks). Also, we came into the train station (Westbahnhof) when we got to the city and then took the metro (about a 10 min ride) to stop Landstraße/Wien Mitte which was only a block or two from the hotel–the hotel was right on Landstraßer Hauptstr between Invalidenstr & Am Stadtpark. It was well situated for exploring the city.
Photos: Left & Center: View from Our Room; Right: Afternoon Snack Time in the Executive Lounge & Beverage Fridges Below
- Overall: Overall, I found the hotel to be a great choice for exploring the area. It is part of the Hilton Honors program, so I was able to stay for free with points. The hotel would probably have been worth what the rate at the time regardless, though. The staff was pleasant, the room was clean, and the overall hotel common areas were well appointed. They also gave us access to the club lounge which was one of the best club lounges I’ve seen in a hotel. The view over the city was even nicer than from our room, there was free breakfast food each morning, appetizers and salads and cheeses each night (practically enough to make a meal from), dessert foods, a coffee machine with all different options, and complementary liquor (some great German beer and top-shelf liquors). In the afternoon, there were always snacks and cookies out, as well. There were also a few computers with complementary internet access. No complaints there!
- Hotel Staff: I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. When we arrived (early), our room wasn’t ready, so they sent us up to the club lounge to relax and have a drink while we waited. We were able to use the computers there to catch up on some emails and research a few things for our trip. The person working up there was also very helpful and let us know once our room was available. One night we wanted to go to dinner somewhere and didn’t have reservations and the concierge was nice enough to call around to multiple places to try to get us in. Definitely great, attentive service.
- Room: Our room was nice, clean, comfortable, a decent size, and we found no issues with it or the hotel. We were upgraded–the room itself wasn’t anything special–but it did have a beautiful view over the park below and the city. You could St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the major sights. (The best part of the upgrade was definitely the executive lounge, though.)